Thursday, October 1, 2015

Oct 1 - Radical Grace


Bible Verse: Romans 5:15 The Voice "But the free gift of grace bears no resemblance to Adam’s crime that brings a death sentence to all of humanity; in fact, it is quite the opposite. For if the one man’s sin brings death to so many, how much more does the gift of God’s radical grace extend to humanity since Jesus the Anointed offered His generous gift."

Prayer: "Dear Lord,  I still have a long way to go, but I am so thankful that by Your grace I am no longer the person that I once was.  It is only because of Your sacrifice on the cross that took away my sin that I am even able to call myself Your child.  Please continue to work in my life.  May Your presence be evident in my life so that others will see the change in me. Thank You for Your amazing grace that saved a wretched person like me! In Your precious name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Fountainview Academy "Amazing Grace"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
Full Lyrics Below
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

"Amazing Grace"
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see
 
If God is Almighty, then why is there so much pain and suffering?
Is God responsible for the pain in this world?
Where can we find peace?
 'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come
 'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home
 
When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun
Than when we first begun.
 
Does the Bible tell us where evil comes from?
Does evil cause God pain?
If the devil is the originator of evil, why doesn't God just destroy him?
Is our destiny prearranged, or do we have some control over what happens to us?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!