Friday, April 1, 2016

Blessings from Above

Bible Verse: Romans 8:17 "And since we are His children, we are His heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering." New Living Translation (NLT)

Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, Please help me to remember, when trials come my way, that You suffered on this earth too -- that there's nothing I'm going through that You are not aware of or didn't go through something similar while You were down here. And Lord, please remind me You never promised that walking with God would be an easy road. No, instead, You said we would be sharing in Your suffering -- that there would be trials and temptations along the way. Guaranteed. That we shouldn't be surprised by them. So please, Lord, help me not to complain so much but maybe even consider these challenges I face a blessing from You in my life that will help me to trust You more. If these struggles are what it takes to keep me closer to You, then I guess they're okay by me. Thank You for loving me! In Jesus' name, Amen."

Song: Laura Story "Blessings"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the YouTube video of the song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!