Monday, April 4, 2016

Come, Thou Almighty King

Bible Verse: "Revelation 1:5 (Jesus Christ) He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world. All glory to Him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding His blood for us." New Living Translation (NLT)

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, Please come rule in my life as King of my heart, supreme and sovereign over ever part of my world. I want You to govern each and every corner of my soul. May their be no hidden part that I keep back from You. You died for me, and now I want to live for You. Come live in my heart and make me more like You. I sing Your praise and worship Your glorious name. Amen."

Song: Congregational Singing "Come, Thou Almighty King"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the YouTube video of the song.)

Full Lyrics Below

Come, Thou Almighty King,
Help us Thy name to sing,
Help us to praise.
Father, all glorious,
O’er all victorious,
Come, and reign over us,
Ancient of Days.

Come, Thou incarnate Word,
Gird on Thy mighty sword,
Our prayer attend:
Come, and Thy people bless,
And give Thy word success;
Spirit of holiness,
On us descend.

Come, holy Comforter,
Thy sacred witness bear
In this glad hour:
Thou who Almighty art,
Now rule in every heart,
And ne’er from us depart,
Spirit of power.

To Thee, great One in Three,
Eternal praises be
Hence evermore.
Thy sov’reign majesty
May we in glory see,
And to eternity
Love and adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!