Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sept 10 - Just Come as You Are


 
Bible Verse: Matthew 11:28 New Living Translation (NLT) "Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'"

Prayer: "Dear Lord,  most of the time I am such a mess. I don't deserve Your love. I don't deserve Your forgiveness. I don't deserve for You to even take a second look at me.  But somehow, you love me unconditionally anyway.  You loved me so much that You sent Your only son, Jesus, to die on the cross for me. Because of His sacrifice, I can come to You and ask for forgiveness. I don't have to get my act together before coming to You. I can come to You just as I am, Lord, and trust that You accept me that way. I willingly turn my back on my old life and trust You to help me create a "new me."  You have promised me eternal life if only I believe and trust in You.  Thank You, Jesus, for giving me this wonderful gift of forgiveness and everlasting life.  Now I have hope, joy, love, and peace in my life because of You. In Your precious and holy name, AMEN."

Song: Chris Rice "Come to Jesus" (aka "Untitled Hymn")
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!