Monday, September 28, 2015

Sept 28 - Open My Eyes, Lord

 
Bible Verses: 2 Kings 6:16-17 New Living Translation (NLT) "'Don’t be afraid!' Elisha told him. 'For there are more on our side than on theirs!' Then Elisha prayed, 'O Lord, open his eyes and let him see!' The Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, I want to be like Elisha, who had the eyes of his heart open to Your Spirit. He saw what the young man could not see. And yet, with one prayer from Elisha, the eyes of the young man's heart were opened and he could see that there were more on the Lord's side than there were against Him.  So today, Lord, I pray that prayer for myself -- open my eyes so that I can see the power that only You possess to win the battles in my life.  I claim the victory over sin in my life in Jesus' name.  May my heart always be open to Your leading. AMEN."

Song: Michael W. Smith "Open the Eyes of My Heart"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!