Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sept 23 - Sweet Hour of Prayer


Bible Verses: Matthew 6:6-7 New Living Translation (NLT) "But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. And when you pray, don’t babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again. Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask Him!"

Prayer: "Lord, I am so thankful that You are "open" for prayer 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every single day of the Year.  And even if I can't think of the words to say, You know what is in my heart.  Sometimes all I need to do is sit in quietness and think about You.  Help me to live with an attitude of prayer all day long -- to chat with You as I would a friend whenever I get the chance, because You truly are my best Friend in the universe. Help me to teach this to my children so that they can learn to trust You as their best Friend too and talk to You in prayer whenever they want or need to. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. You may not always answer them in the way that I expect, but You know what is best for me, so I'll trust You in that department. I love You Jesus! AMEN."

Song: Unknown Artist "Sweet Hour of Prayer"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!