Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Feb 17 - Peace Be Still

  

Bible Verse: Mark 4:39 King James Version (KJV) "And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, 'Peace, be still.' And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."

Prayer: "Dear Lord,  Sometimes I feel like I am being tossed among the waves and I cannot find my footing. I feel like I'm sinking and I'll never reach the surface again. I try to find my way on my own, but then I'm in even deeper waters, because on my own I just blindly struggle through the tide of my circumstances and trials.  Lord, help me reach for Your hand and learn to walk on top of the water. May Your Spirit strengthen my faith in You so that I trust You to hold me throughout ANY storm that may come my way. Lord, I'm calling out to You now . . . be my Guide, be my Strength, be my Savior, be my Everything.  Lord, You know what I need today.  Please comfort my soul and do as you did in that storm on the Sea of Galilee -- just say "Peace be still!" and may my soul learn to rest in You and trust You in all of the unknowns that life throws at me. In Jesus' precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Hope Darst "Peace Be Still"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!