Saturday, February 27, 2016

Feb 27 - We Remember You

  
Bible Verse: Mark 14:22-24 New Living Translation (NLT) "As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "Take it, for this is my body." And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. And he said to them, "This is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice for many."


Prayer: "Dear Lord, Each time I partake in communion, I bow my head and silently remember how great a sacrifice You truly made to save me.  I am so unworthy, and yet You saved me anyhow.  Lord, help me to never forget that Your blood was spilled and Your body was beaten for me! And each time I drink of the communion cup and eat the communion wafer, may I sincerely examine my heart and my soul and get rid of anything that would stand between me and You having a good relationship.  Help me to get rid of the sin in my life so that I can walk more closely to You.  May I use each communion time as a time of self-reflection and humble worship of You, Almighty God. In Your precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Matt Redman "Remembrance"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!