Thursday, December 17, 2015

Dec 17 - Do You Have Room?

  

Bible Verses:  

Luke 2:7 New King James Version (NKJV) "And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn."  

Revelation 3:20 New Living Translation (NLT) "Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in." 

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, I'd like to think that if I had been that innkeeper the night You were born that I would have given You a room.  Had I known that You were the King of Kings, I would have kicked somebody else out of their room and given You a place to be born.  But would I really have done any differently than the innkeeper did that night so long ago?  All he saw was a man and a VERY pregnant teenage girl. They probably looked like nothing but trouble to him.  How about me?  When I look at others, what do I see? Do I make snap judgments of others based only upon what they look like?  And how about when You knock on my heart's door, do I open the door and freely let You into every single part of my soul, or do I turn You away and say that I have "no room" for You in my life?  Dear Lord, I pray that I welcome You into my heart with open arms and willingly give You access  to every part of me -- come, Lord Jesus, be my guest!  In Your precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: One Voice Children's Choir "Do You Have Room?"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!