Monday, December 7, 2015

Dec 7 - While He Was on the Cross, I Was on His Mind


Bible Verse: Colossians 2:13-14 New Living Translation (NLT) "You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for He forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross."

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, It is humbling for me to think that while You were hanging on the cross you may have had me on Your mind.  You didn't just die for the good people -- You died for me!  I could never have even dared to approach the throne of God on my own.  Without Your sacrifice on the cross, my sins never could have been forgiven, but thanks to You, I now have freedom from my sins and I can live a victorious life in You.  That doesn't mean I never make mistakes, but by Your grace it means that I have forgiveness whenever I do mess up.  Thank You Jesus for putting my salvation above all else and being willing to die in my place.  In Your precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Michael W. Smith "Above All"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!