Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Dec 22 - Listen to the Angels!

  
Bible Verse: Luke 2:13-14 New King James Version (NKJV) "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!'"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, I cannot help but wonder how many people sing this song every year and don't think a bit about the lyrics they are singing. Some of my favorite lines are: "Light and life to all He brings, ris'n with healing in His wings."  (Which tells me that I can have light and life and healing because Jesus came to earth, died, and rose again! Hallelujah!) "Born to raise the sons of earth, born to give them second birth." (Which tells me that because of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection I can not only be "born again" while on this earth, but I can live eternally with Him in Heaven if I place my full trust in Him. Hallelujah!) "Second Adam from Above, reinstate us in Thy love." (Which tells me that I am no longer under the curse of Adam's original sin, but am now fully reinstated as a child of God, thanks to the loving sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!) Lord, help me to pay attention to the words of these great hymn-writers as I sing them this year.  May I take to heart the message that they bring! In Jesus' precious and holy name, AMEN."

Song: Congregational Singing "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!