Thursday, December 24, 2015

Dec 24 - Unto Us a Child Is Born!

  
Bible Verse: Isaiah 9:6 New King James Version (NKJV) "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Prayer: "Dear Jesus,  My heart thrills to hear these joyful voices singing out Your praises and echoing Your various names and titles -- Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and The Prince of Peace.  You are all of those things and so much more, but most importantly to me -- you are my Savior!  Yes, I'm glad that You were born, and I love to celebrate Your birth, but even more than that, I celebrate Your death and resurrection because they mean ETERNAL LIFE for me! But of course, none of that could have happened if You had never been born. And so on this eve of the day we celebrate Your birth, I worship You, Jesus, for being my EVERYTHING! In Your precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Unknown Artist "For Unto Us a Child Is Born"
(from Handel's Messiah)
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!