Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Dec 2 - Forgiveness and New Life in Jesus!

  


Bible Verse: Romans 6:4 New Living Translation (NLT) "For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives."

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, I will never forget the day when I publicly proclaimed my love for You by being baptized.  Years before, I had accepted You into my heart, but it wasn't until I felt that water covering me and felt that rush of emotion as I came up out of the water that I truly understood the idea of Your death and resurrection.  Going down into the water, I died to myself and to my sinful nature; and, coming up out of the water, I rose to forgiveness and new life. Thanks to Your death on the cross, my sins are forgiven. My baptism was my public display of my private decision to accept You into my heart as my Savior.  The water covering me symbolized Your blood covering my sins and washing them away.  Thanks to Your death and resurrection, I now have eternal life and can joyfully live my life, knowing that my sins are forgiven and that someday I will live with You in Heaven. Thank You, Jesus, for shedding Your precious blood for me! In Your blessed and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Selah "There Is a Fountain"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!