Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Jan 20 - Love Beyond All Measure

  

Bible Verse: Romans 5:8 New Living Translation (NLT) "God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."
 
Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, I cannot begin to fathom the depth of Your love for humanity, but as a parent I know that I could never give up one of my children to be killed -- and I have three of them -- You only had ONE! And yet, You loved me so much that You gave up Your ONLY SON to die in my place so that my sins could be forgiven.  I could spend all of eternity thanking You and it would never be enough.  I can only hope that Your love will soak into my heart, spill out into my life, and somehow be a blessing to others. In Jesus' precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Phillips, Craig, & Dean "How Deep the Father's Love for Us"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
Lyrics Below


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

"How Deep the Father's Love for Us"

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon His cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished!


I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!