Saturday, January 23, 2016

Jan 23 - How to Have a Happy Home

  

Bible Verse: Proverbs 22:6 New Living Translation (NLT) "Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it."

Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, Today is my parents' 66th wedding anniversary.  I am so blessed to have had Godly parents who took the time to show me the way to You.  Not only did they tell me the Bible stories, teach me to pray, and lead me to You, but they have lived their lives in such a way that they were a living example of what Your love is like.  My prayer is that my home will be a happy one for my family to live in because You are the center of all that we do.  In Jesus' precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Congregational Singers "Happy the Home When God Is There"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
Lyrics Below



If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

"Happy the Home When God is There"

Happy the home when God is there
And love fills everyone,
When with united work and prayer
The Master's will is done.


Happy the home where God's strong love
Is starting to appear,
Where all the children hear His fame
And parents hold Him dear.


Happy the home where prayer is heard
And praise is everywhere,
Where parents love the sacred Word
And its true wisdom share.


Lord let us in our homes agree
This blessed peace to gain.
Unite our hearts in love to Thee
And love to all will reign.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!