Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jan 6 - God Makes All Things Beautiful!




Bible Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:11 New Living Translation (NLT) "God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end."

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, I was feeling so alone today - - as if nobody in the whole world cared about the unseen struggles that I face. Oh sure, I put on a good act as though everything is okay, but every once in awhile, deep down, I just feel so worthless and empty.  Then this song came on the radio and reminded me that You make everything beautiful -- including me!  It is so encouraging to know that even in the midst of my private pain, You are there.  You see the tears that I don't dare to cry, and You cry with me.  You see the seeping wounds in my heart that no one else sees, and You stitch them up with Your love. Thank You for always being there for me and for reminding me that I am beautiful in Your eyes ... and really, Lord, that's all that matters -- what I am to You.  You can see the end from the beginning -- I can't.  Maybe there's a reason for my silent suffering.  I have no idea, but I do know now that I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to please everyone. I don't have to get everything right all the time.  I can have days where I secretly feel really "down" without letting it throw my whole life off balance.  What really matters is that I accept that You make me BEAUTIFUL and that You will never leave my side. In Your precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Gungor "Beautiful Things"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!