Sunday, January 3, 2016

Jan 3 - The Most Precious Story



Bible Verse: Acts 19:17 New Living Translation (NLT) "The story of what had happened spread quickly all through Ephesus, to Jews and Greeks alike. A solemn fear descended on the city, and the name of the Lord Jesus was greatly honored."

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, I cannot imagine hearing the story of Your life, death, and resurrection firsthand from those who had witnessed it themselves.  What a thrill it must have been to hear the trembling in their voices as they spoke of their time spent with You, of watching You die, be buried, rise again, and then ascend into Heaven!  Your story is no less amazing today than it was two thousand years ago, and I remember well hearing it for the first time at my mother's knee. I also remember very clearly when, at the age of four, it first dawned on me that You had died for MY sins, that You had hung on the cross for ME.  I cried inconsolably, until my father assured me that Jesus' death had also brought me forgiveness for those sins and that He died and rose again that I would someday be able to join Him in Heaven if I asked Him into my heart.  Oh, how excited I was!  I couldn't wait to start praying.  Tears streamed down my little face as I said something along the lines of, "Dear Jesus, I'm so sorry they did such mean things to You and that You had to die.  Thank You for doing that for me. Please come be in my heart and forgive me when I'm bad.  I want to go to Heaven to be with You someday. Amen."  And now, as an adult, I'm still just as moved when I hear Your story.  It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of You hanging on the cross for MEI could thank You a billion times for all that You have done for me, and it would never be enough. In Your precious and holy name I pray, AMEN."

Song: Unknown Artist "Tell Me the Story of Jesus"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!