Sunday, March 27, 2016

Christ the Lord is Risen Today

Bible Verse: John 11:25 "Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying." New Living Translation (NLT)

Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You and I Praise You this blessed Resurrection morning that You raised Jesus from the grave, forever banishing sin and death from the universe and giving me the blessed hope of eternal life with You in Heaven one day. I know that because I have placed my faith and trust in Jesus as my Savior that I will reign with Him in glory forever and ever, and that these temporary trials that I'm facing on earth will one day be NO MORE because He rose up from that grave and trampled death beneath His feet! Hallelujah! Thank You Father! Amen."

Song: Congregational Singing "Christ the Lord Is Risen Today"
https://youtu.be/H4diEAJPTZY
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the YouTube video of the song.)

Full Lyrics Below

Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Earth and heaven in chorus say, Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!

Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Once he died our souls to save, Alleluia!
Where's thy victory, boasting grave? Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like him, like him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!