Thursday, March 24, 2016

You've Already Won

 



Bible Verse: John 16:33 (Jesus Speaking)" 'I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.' " New Living Translation (NLT) 

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, I thank You for dying on the cross for me so that I could know for sure what will happen in the end because I have put my faith in You. I know that You have already defeated death and evil. The devil has no hold on me anymore, and even though I still sin, it isn't my habit or my friend. You are my source of strength and I know that You are always victorious. In the end, I know that Good will prosper, even though it looks as if evil does well around us here on earth. Remind me, Lord, that in the light of eternity, all of this temporary success is nothing. Fix my eyes on Heaven, and keep me focused on the things of God. Help me to run the race that you've set before me, knowing that You have already won the battle for me -- I just have to keep my hand in Yours. Hold me tight, Lord, and don't let go! In Your precious and Holy name I pray, Amen."

Song: Shane & Shane "You've Already Won"
https://youtu.be/MH5eA7XlTe4
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the YouTube video of the song.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!