Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Nov 10 - Closer to God



Bible Verse: Hebrews 10:19-23 New Living Translation (NLT) "And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By His death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise."

Prayer: "Dear Heavenly Father,  I thank You and I Praise You for sending Your Son to be my High Priest, my Mediator, my Way of access to Your throne.  Because of His sacrifice on the cross on my behalf, I can come directly to You in prayer. I don't need to have anyone else pray for me.  I don't need anyone else to offer me forgiveness or to tell me that I am forgiven -- I can come straight to You! Lord, draw me closer to You, I pray.  Help me to be faithful in reading my Bible and praying, so that I can get to know You better and better each day.  I want to be nearer to You, Lord.  Help me to approach You with a sincere and trusting heart. I want to be more like You.  Work in my life to make me the servant that You want me to be, I pray. In Jesus' name, AMEN."

Song: Elevation "Nearer My God to Thee"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)

If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!