Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Nov 4 - God's Promises Can Be Counted On



Bible Verses: 2 Peter 1:3-5 New Living Translation (NLT) "By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a Godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the One who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence. And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires. In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, Throughout the Bible, You have given me so many promises that I can hold onto whenever I may get discouraged, need guidance, or need correction.  Your Word is truly a light along my daily path - - a lighthouse, as it were, to guide me through the storms of life.  I know that I can trust what You have said to come true, because You have never failed me yet!  You don't always answer my prayers exactly when or how I want You to, but You always answer them when and how it is best for me. Thank You for giving me the Bible and all of its promises so that I have something firm to stand on! In Jesus' name, AMEN."

Song: Alan Jackson "Standing on the Promises"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!