Friday, November 20, 2015

Nov 20 - God's Power Seen in the Beauty of Nature

  
Bible Verse: Jeremiah 31:35 New Living Translation (NLT) "It is the Lord who provides the sun and the moon and stars to light the night, and who stirs the sea into roaring waves."

Prayer: "Dear Lord,  I am amazed whenever I look at nature -- the intricacy and creativity are astounding!  You keep the planets in orbit and yet you are still aware of the movement of every ant!  Everywhere I look, I can see Your creative power at work and I worship You for being such a marvelous Creator and for giving us such wonderful and beautiful things to enjoy.  In Jesus' precious and holy name, AMEN."

Song: Fountainview Academy 
"I Sing the Mighty Power of God"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
(lyrics below)


If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

"I Sing the Mighty Power of God"

I sing the mighty pow’r of God, that made the mountains rise,
That spread the flowing seas abroad, and built the lofty skies.
I sing the wisdom that ordained the sun to rule the day;
The moon shines full at His command, and all the stars obey.
I sing the goodness of the Lord that filled the earth with food,
He formed the creatures with His Word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where e’er I turn my eye,
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky.
There’s not a plant or flow’r below, but makes Thy glories known,
And clouds arise, and tempests blow, by order from Thy throne;
Creatures that borrow life are subject to Thy care;
There's not a place where we can flee, but God is present there. 
God is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!