Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 24 - Lord, I Need You

 

Bible Verse: Mark 2:16-17 New Living Translation (NLT) "But when the teachers of religious law who were Pharisees saw him eating with tax collectors and other sinners, they asked his disciples, “Why does he eat with such scum?” When Jesus heard this, he told them, 'Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.'"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, I bow humbly before You and admit that I am nothing but scum.  I need You. Without You, I am nothing. I cannot do anything about my sinful desires on my own.  Without Your sacrifice on the cross, I would be lost forever. Even though my sins are many, Your grace is more than enough to cover them all.  Let me rest in the knowledge that You have saved me and will continue to work in my life to mold and shape me into the person that You want me to be. Help me never to forget that I need You each and every day to keep me from temptation and to walk with me and show me the right way to go. In Jesus' name, AMEN."   

Song: Matt Maher "Lord, I Need You"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
 
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!