Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24 - Does Jesus THRILL You?

 
Bible Verse: Philippians 3:8 New Living Translation (NLT) "Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, can I truly say that you are all that thrills my soul? What about driving fast in a car, or zipping down a rollercoaster, or kissing the love of my life?  Can I really say that compared to knowing you, all those things are garbage? Lord, help me to orient my life in such a way that the most thrilling thing in my life is knowing and serving You. In Jesus' name, AMEN."

Song: Joslin Grove Choral Society "All That Thrills My Soul is Jesus"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
 
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!