Saturday, August 1, 2015

August 1 - Put Your Faith in Action


Bible Verse: James 2:14-17 New Living Translation (NLT) "What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, "Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well" - - but then you don't give that person any food or clothing? What good does that do? So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me not to walk right past opportunities to help others as though I don't see them. Give me Your eyes to see the needs of others around me and then to DO SOMETHING about it. Make me Your hands and Your feet. Send me where You want me to be and give me a heart that longs to serve others.  Make my beliefs more than just words -- help me put my faith into action! In Jesus' name, AMEN."

Song: Josh Wilson "I Refuse"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
 
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!