Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31 - Better Than Praise?


 
Bible Verse: Psalm 51:17 New Living Translation (NLT) "The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, You have promised to be near to the broken-hearted.  You desire for me to be open and honest with You.  And sometimes, my heartfelt cries for help and tears of repentance are more beautiful to You than the most resplendent praises, for they come from deep within my soul.  Thank You for understanding the moanings of my heart that I often don't even have words for.  Thank You for accepting me just as I am. In Jesus name, AMEN."

Song: Amy Grant "Better Than a Hallelujah"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!