Friday, August 28, 2015

August 28 - More Than I Could Imagine




Bible Verse: Psalm 42:8 New Living Translation (NLT) "But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life."

Prayer: "Dear Lord, Sometimes I let my mind wander and I imagine the most wonderful and majestic thing I could possibly imagine -- but You are far more beautiful and marvelous than that! You are more than my mind can begin to comprehend and more than my humble words could possibly express.  You love me as I am, protect me, and provide for me.  You are truly everything that I need! In Jesus name, AMEN."

Song: Selah "Be Thou My Vision"
(Mobile users can click on the link above
to see the Youtube video of the song.)
(Full Lyrics Below)
 
 
If, for some reason, the correct day's devotional isn't shown above,
 CLICK HERE to view today's devotional.
------------------------------

"Be Thou My Vision"

Be Thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best thought by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light

Be Thou my wisdom and Thou my true word
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son
Thou in me dwelling and I with Thee one

High King of Heaven my victory won
May I reach heaven's joys, oh, bright heaven's sun
Heart of my own heart whatever befall
Still be my vision, oh Ruler of all

Thou and Thou only first in my heart
High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to write about anything, whether it's a question, a comment, or a problem with the devotional that you notice. You can comment anonymously!